Enroll in this course
Heartcode BLS Skills Session
HeartCode® BLS is an official, self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program from the American Heart Association (AHA). This program uses eSimulation technology to present realistic patient scenarios. Students are presented with 5 BLS cases and an online multiple-choice written exam. While interacting with the program, students assess each patient, formulate a treatment plan based on 2015 BLS guidelines, and provide treatment. Successful completion of Part 1, the cognitive component, and Parts 2 and 3, skills practice and testing with an AHA BLS Instructor or a voice-assisted manikin (VAM) system, are the requirements for obtaining an AHA BLS Healthcare Provider course completion card.
This program also includes the complete BLS textbook online so there is no need to purchase the book separately.
Basic Life Support – BLS certification is for Healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
- Part 1 – A self-paced series of online training modules
- Part 2 – Skills practice at our facility
- Part 3 – Skills test at our facility
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Resucer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway
- AHA HeartCode® BLS Training
- 2 Year Certification
- Online modules can be completed around your busy schedule
- Skills check is quick and easy
- No textbook is required (reduces cost)
- You will receive your American Heart Association BLS card the same day as your skills check
HeartCode® BLS is the most high tech, official American Heart Association (AHA) Self-Directed Comprehensive eLearning Program. It allows students to take the BLS course on a computer, instead of attending a traditional, classroom base course. By using simulation technology and scenario-based learning, that in studies has been shown to be very effective.
NOTE: The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA materials, do not represent income to the Association.