Enroll in this course
Classes available now! Enroll below.
The BLS Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. In the Instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
- Updated science and education from the new 2015 AHA Guidelines
- Update for CPR and ECC
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Emphasis on high-quality CPR including a team dynamics classroom activity
- Video-based course with real world scenarios
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
BLS Course Completion E-Card Valid for 2 years.